Wikipedia Trails Week 11

 This is my second time taking this class and I have never chosen Wikipedia Trails. I have to say, I really enjoyed this process because I feel like I learned a lot about things that I previously wouldn't have. I started my Trail on this Wikipedia Page about electoral colleges, because I have been trying to explain how it works to some of the students I tutor. This page was very interesting to me because I learned that electoral colleges have origins in early Rome and Germanic political systems. I learned that there are many other countries. This page led me to look at the Wikipedia page for the US Supreme Court, where I learned more about our specific Supreme Court members and the role of the court overall. This page led me to the page about Amy Coney Barrett, the newest supreme court justice. This page led me to the page about Shell Oil Company because her brother works for them as a lawyer. I learned a lot about the company's origins. 

I am really glad I did this assignment, it let me learn new things that I have been needing to read about in a somewhat organized way. I think it was really helpful and may be a fun activity for my students. 

                                                                    (Flickr)

Comments

Popular Posts