week 15 Reading A: Rapunzel

Since this is technically my last set of readings I decided to sway from my original schedule and read the Grimm tales. Today I chose one of my favorite stories, Rapunzel. Though I am not adding stories to my portfolio anymore, I wanted to read a story with a similar theme because I had an easy and fun time writing my portfolio stories. 

I don't think I really need to make notes on the plot. I thought I would use this reading notes blogpost to kind of bounce ideas back and forth with myself. As far as keeping the theme of my portfolio, I think that I would like for  Rapunzel to save herself, so to speak. I think that rather than her being a damsel in distress who is saved by the handsome man, she should use her wit and intelligence to save herself from the tower. I also think that I would love to keep with the common idea that her hair holds magic, I would love for her to play around and discover this about herself and start to truly form her own identity. 





Comments

Popular Posts