Week 13 Reading A: Alice in Wonderland part A

 Alice in wonderland has always been one of my favorite movies, though it did creep me out when I was much younger. I really enjoyed reading the chapter "Advice From a Caterpillar." This book has been something that I have been wanting to read for a long time and I am glad to finally have some exposure to it. I thought the title for this chapter was pretty intriguing, even though I was already pretty familiar with the scene, it really caught my eye. I think the dialogue between the caterpillar and a very confused Alice was very interesting, the caterpillar asking the iconic "who are YOU?" I can't help but to feel sorry for Alice in this scene, she is extremely confused by her new surroundings and is  obviously being made uncomfortable. I think it would be fun to rewrite this story in retrospect from Alice's POV after she really learns to stand up for herself. 


Alice conversing with a peculiar caterpillar.
source: commons



Comments

Popular Posts