Week 12 reading, Robinhood part 2 (Robin Hood's Death)

Today, I chose as my reading the anthology's version of Robin Hood's Death. 

This ballad presents a different version of Robin's death at the hands of a woman; it was this ballad which inspired the ending of the film Robin and Marian. I think it is really interesting that this specific piece portray Robin Hood's death as by the hands of a woman. I think this specific story fits in really well with my portfolio theme or fairytale women. I think it could be interesting to rewrite this story coming from the point of view of the woman. I also think it is really important that I rewrite the story in non-ballad form. I think that this form is very interesting, but I have a hard time envisioning a scene in my head when it is presented in this way. I think when I do rewrite this story, I would like to do it in the form of journal entries or a diary, similar to what I did for the story of Adam and Eve. 

                                                               (Passing of Robin Hood by N.C. Wyeth)

Comments

Popular Posts