Once again, since it is the last week I decided to stray from my reading schedule and read something different than what I had planned. I decided to read the Brothers Grimm tale of The Twelve Dancing PrincessesThe Twelve Dancing Princesses is a fairytale by the Brothers Grimm about some beautiful daughters that somehow manage to sneak out of their bedrooms every night to go dancing. Their father is desperate to find out what they are up to and enlists the help of potential suitors to find out. An old, wounded soldier is the only one who is successful. This fairytale teaches several lessons, or morals, including a reminder to parents about giving their adolescents some freedom, an example of why it is important to follow the advice of our elders, and the fact that deceit is always uncovered in the end. 

Though I am no longer working on my portfolio, this fairytale really matches the theme of my project. I think that it has many morals to share and it would be easy to change to POV of the story or even some of the plot lines. 




                                                    (illustration by Otto Ubbelohde)

Comments

Popular Posts