Week 8 writing (EC): Eve

I’m sure most of you are familiar with the story of Adam and eve… or what all of the “important man“ have told you about it anyway. However, there are two sides to every story and I think that it’s important that all of them be considered.


Hi, I am eve and this is my version of everything that happened in the garden of Eden.


Now listen, I’m not saying that everything genesis says about our time at the garden is false. I’m just saying, there are a few corrections that need to be put into record.


I would like it to be known now that I made all decisions for myself… And even if they were bad, I would like credit for them. That being said, Satan did not “tempt quote me to eat from the tree, I made that decision for myself and he just happen to be there. Of course, my sweet husband Adam had to come in and save the day and say I was too naïve and that it was all the serpents fault that I ate from the tree. But do I look like some kind of idiot? I knew what I was doing. I knew that It was supposedly bad, but what am I supposed to do just take somebody’s word for it? No.


Despite men having taking credit for all that I’ve done for Eden, I stuck around and cared for Adam and our children. I endured all sorts of pains and hardships and did a lot to prepare the world for gods children. Despite all of this I am still viewed as a woman who is naïve and easily tricked. 


Though yes, my actions have had some pretty serious consequences, I want credit for them. That’s how you learn.


author's note: This is my rewrite of the story of Eve
                (FLICKR)



Comments

Popular Posts