Storybook Plan/ Topic Research

For my storybook, I plan on doing a "Feminist Fairytales" theme. I want to include stories about women saints and important women from different cultures. I want to make sure that the heroines of my story are truly the heroines, and not being saved by a man or another outside figure. I'm not sure exactly which stories I want to include, but I know that I want to talk about Eve, and maybe a few other religious figures. I think that it could also be interesting to include some Goddesses into my stories and potentially some stories that don't include women at all in the original. I think writing stories that little girls can look up to is super important, but I want to make sure they are themed in a way that they find interesting to read. 

Here are some resources I hope to use for my storybook: 

Feminist Children's Literature

Girl power: how the new feminism has embraced children’s literature




This image is titled Girl Power and comes from Thomas Hawk on Flickr

Comments

Popular Posts