Brainstorming Project Topics

 Topic One: Fairytale Heroines

- The first idea that I had for a storybook would be a general fairytale storybook, however, I would like it to have an emphasis on strong females. I think that I really like the fairytale idea because those were always my favorite stories to hear. I would love for my project to be filled with spells and mystical creatures! I also think that its important that I write some real happy endings for the women in my stories- I want them to be represented as independent and powerful. 

Fairytale Writing

Topic Two: Alice in Wonderland

-I really like this idea as a topic for my project because Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorite books! I think the story is totally crazy from start to finish in the best way possible. I think there are so many different characters and settings to chose from that could make my new stories extremely interesting. I also like that the story has a powerful female main character!

Alice in Wonderland

Topic Three: Disney Villains

- I am not typically a mega Disney fan, however, due to being Quarantined so long I have really been watching lots of Disney movies and musicals that I had not seen in quite a while! Recently, I watched The Little Mermaid with my niece and it had me remembering how my dream role on Broadway would be Ursula! I think she is such a cool role and is honestly kind of a bad ass (even though she is evil). I think that it could be interesting to create a storybook about Disney Villains (specifically female Villains), based on the stories of Greek Goddesses or women in the Bible. 

13 Disney Villains Who Weren't as Evil as You Thought

Topic Four: Adventurous Pets 

This storybook topic is not my favorite, however it is something that I considered for quite a while. I love working with kids and I think it is really important that more complicated stories be told in a way that is engaging and easy for them to understand. I think that a storybook based on the more adventurous stories with characters based on household pets could be a really engaging way to present many stories. 

How to Write form an Animal's POV

                                    This image called "Fairytale Forest" comes from Flickr





Comments

Popular Posts