My Favorite Place: Port Au Prince Haiti

Though it is the third poorest country in the world and has been negatively effected by earthquakes and poor government leadership, Haiti is truly one of the world's hidden gems! I have had the pleasure of spending the summers of 2017 and 2018 visiting Haitian missionaries in their home of Port Au Prince. While I was there I was able to meet so many amazing people, and see so many beautiful sights!


This is a personal image, taken by me in 2018 
              from the balcony of the home of my host family in Port Au Prince, Haiti


This is a personal image, taken by me in 2018 

at the beach in Arcahaie Haiti


Haiti is a country that is healing from many crisies and faces lots of hardship. However, the people who live there and the experiences that are to be had in Haiti are sure to bring nothing but joy to everyone!

                                                        Street of Port-Au-Prince, Haiti 
                                                                         Source: Flickr

Comments

  1. Oh, I remember this from before, Linsey... and this summer I read so many folktales from Haiti because I was working on Caribbean folktales in general, and specifically tales of tricksters like Anansi or, in Haiti, Malice. Maybe you will want to work on a Haitian project for this class! I'm going to be working on Anansi stories for my class project this semester I think. Here is some information about Malice and Bouki in Haitian folklore if you are curious! Folktales of Bouki and Malice link

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts