Growth Mindset

 I had never herd of Carol Dweck or the idea of a growth mindset, however, after watching the videos, I think it is something I really would like to implement into my future classroom! I have always hated the idea of failing or passing students based simply on performance, rather I think it should be based on genuine effort put into the class work. I think Dweck's idea of a growth mindset is a great place to start when beginning to consider how I want to structure grading in my future classroom. It is a major goal of mine to give my students a classroom environment that encourages learning and never makes a student feel bad about giving a wrong answer. I would love to learn more about how to implement growth mindset into my future classroom.


Image Source: Paula Piccard on Flickr
This image is a perfect representation of how to change your way of thinking into a growth mindset

Comments

Popular Posts